From: Tina Fanetti
Sent: Tuesday, September 24, 2002 10:31 AM
To: PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu
Subject: University Physics

Does anyone here use University Physics by Reese?

I am stuck on this problem, its multiple choice and I can get 3 of th=
e 5 choices :(

Here's the problem if anyone is interested....
Assume that the brakes of your car can slow it with an acceleration o=
f magnitude 6 m/s2. If Homer steps onto the road 50 m in front of yo=
ur car, what is the maximum speed you could be going in order to avoi=
d hitting Homer? Assume that it takes you 0.5 s to hit the brakes an=
d that you have constant acceleration during braking. =20