Re: wrong physics explanations-misconceptions

John D. said in part:

There are plenty of people (teachers as well as students)
who think that being wrong is Wrong, just the way stealing
is Wrong. We have to combat that idea. Students come in
with all sorts of wrong ideas. The ideas are wrong, but
that doesn't make the ideas Wrong and it certainly doesn't
make the students Wrong or Bad. Getting rid of wrong ideas
is hard, much harder than starting from tabula_rasa and
adding 100% pure good ideas.

John, you lost me a little bit here. Are you simply trying to distinguish
two meanings of the word "wrong".

a) wrong (as in immoral or bad)

b) wrong (as in incorrect, contrary to "fact")

Joel R.