rather spend the time on other topics. All I teach is component
addition (but very thoroughly).

Scott

On Wednesday, September 18, 2002, at 02:19 PM, Joe Heafner wrote:

From: "RAUBER, JOEL" <JOEL_RAUBER@SDSTATE.EDU>

P.S. What are the opinions of people on this list regarding Algebra
Based
books that do not introduce the unit vectors i,j,k ?

I can live without them. Even Cliff Swartz, in his relatively recent
resource book, advocates not using them at all in ANY introductory
physics course.

Cheers,
Joe Heafner - Instructional Astronomy and Physics
Home Page http://users.vnet.net/heafnerj/index.html
I don't have a Lexus, but I do have a Mac. Same thing.

Scott Goelzer
Physics Teacher
Coe-Brown Northwood Academy
Northwood NH 03824