Re: vector components and notation

From: Bob LaMontagne <rlamont@POSTOFFICE.PROVIDENCE.EDU>

Thanks for bring us back on track! Actually, the reason why I try to emphasize
components and projections is exactly because of the the sin(theta) - cos(theta)
confusion. It's not only students - I've been there myself. I encourage my
students to ONLY use cos(theta) - that is, only use projections through an
adjacent angle - which means they must find the angle to all the relevant axes.

Hey now this is beginning to approach something like what I had in mind...something operational.

Cheers,
Joe Heafner - Instructional Astronomy and Physics
Home Page http://users.vnet.net/heafnerj/index.html
I don't have a Lexus, but I do have a Mac. Same thing.