Re: first law of thermo

I wrote:
I've been repeatedly told that Work_cm = delta KE_cm
but I haven't seen one word about what the limitations are.
I know that it's _sometimes_ true.

Sorry, I left out a sentence.

You can define Work_cm and KE_cm so that it is always
true that Work_cm = delta KE_cm .... what I should have
said is that I've been repeatedly told that Work_cm has
something to do with thermodynamics, but I haven't seen
one word about what the limitations are.

To repeat:
1) I don't object to work/KE theorems per se.
2) I object to their misapplication to thermo.
KE_cm cannot be equated to thermal energy except
for ideal gasses, and maybe not even then.
3) The valid applications I've seen seem trivial, and
the nontrivial applications I've seen are invalid.