Quote about Poisson distribution

I read that a famous physicist commenting on the P. distrib. said
(wrote?): If there is an unfortunate event, another is certain to
follow. What is the correct quote, and who wrote it?

bc

P.s In my unsuccessful google search, I found linked to a bio. of Ms.
Germain a list of streets (places, etc.) in Paris named after
physicists/ mathematicians. The large number impressed me (big city
tho). Then I attempted to remember if there were any in the US. Only
one (AAPT address). Bad memory (ignorance), or do we not honor them?

bc