Re: electric power surplus

Rick's comment reminds me of a wonderful book entitled The Good Days,
They Were Terrible...its an interesting and frightening read.

joe

On Fri, 13
Sep 2002, Rick Tarara wrote:

And do you want to return to the days of mud streets filled with horse
manure, to outhouses, to no medical technology and rampant disease, to
(more) widespread ignorance, etc? The problem is that you can't selectively
turn back the clock--keep the good and discard what _you_ dislike. What you
might want to keep (say medical tech and sanitation) depends on those nasty
old power plants and chemical plants!

Rick

Richard W. Tarara
Professor of Physics
Saint Mary's College
Notre Dame, Indiana
rtarara@saintmarys.edu
Free Physics Educational Software (Win & Mac)
NEW: Mac versions of Lab Simulations