Re: corrupted mail

Mike, I received your message through PHYS-L with Eudora. Eudora does not
support rich text, I don't beleive, but it does support HTML along with
plain ASCII. So what I read of your message had an "=" sign at the end of
each line and your signature came through like this.

------------------------
Michael D. Edmiston, Ph.D.=09=09=09Phone/voice-mail:=09419-358-3270
Professor of Chemistry & Physics=09FAX:=09=09=09=09419-358-3323
Chairman, Science Department=09=09E-Mail=09=09=09=09edmiston@bluffton=
.edu [3 lines deleted from bottom]
-------------------------

Eudora allows one to choose to send both "styled" and "plain" text when
sending "styled" text and to have Eudora prompt every time about how we
want to send a message. It is a slight annoyance, but I actually like being
given the option when sending a message to send it as plain text, HTML or both.

Mike, I just read your next note, and, for me, it is not just plain text
that comes through. There are added = signes and 09's and such like that
makes some of your note hard to read.

Richard Bowman
Dept. of Physics
Bridgewater College, Bridgewater, VA 22812 USA
http://www.bridgewater.edu/~rbowman/