Re: EM pulse

I suspect the lightening traveled through the tube wall. In that case it
doesn't act as a shield?

bc

Gary Karshner wrote:

Hugh,
Have you heard about what happens to a CD in a microwave. I
suspect that the same would probably happen to a CD in an EM Pulse. A high
field strengths many of our general rules break down. When I worked a Kitt
Peak, we had a TV camera on the roof of the solar telescope that was
enclosed in a 1/2" thick walled aluminum tube with 3/4" thick end plates.
It took a hit from lightening and the entire insides were fried even though
I would have thought that the enclosure was an almost ideal Faraday shield.
Just some thoughts.
Gary

cut