Re: Is this OT?

With regard to boarding schools, since I teach at one, I'd
love to discuss it in this context. Since we are an
academically selective school, it is hard to say whether the
fact that we are residential makes a big difference, but it
certainly has some advantages (also some disadvantages). I
wonder what its effect is in the private schools, where the
selection is more economic than academic?

Even though your school is selective, I still think being
residential makes a big difference. There are very
selective non-residential schools, but the few statistics
I've examine show residential schools do provide a big
academic advantage. Even less excusive residential
schools provide a big academic advantage.

Tim O'Donnell
Instructor of Physics and Chemistry
Celina High School
715 East Wayne Street
Celina, Ohio 45822
(419) 586-8300 Ext 1200 or 1201
odonnt@celina.k12.oh.us

"Chance only favors the prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur