Re: Nature of Science (NOS)

You raise an interesting point, that there is a resonance between the
authoritarian idea of the nature of science, the authoritarian style of
the textbook and the authoritarian appearance of the lecture
classroom...reinforcing an authoritarian SM.
I am trying to break those connections by teaching eled majors physics
by guided inquiry...with no mention of method at all. It certainly
doesn't appear to be authoritarian to the students. Now I have to
convince them that this is real science.

cheers

On Tue, 3 Sep 2002, John Clement