Re: The sign of g

From: Larry Smith <larry.smith@SNOW.EDU>

Or is it the local gravitational field strength?

I agree that it can be interpreted that way. In fact, I wish the textbook's did it that way to be consistent with the field approach in e&m.

Cheers,
Joe Heafner - Instructional Astronomy and Physics
Home Page http://users.vnet.net/heafnerj/index.html
I'll never be able to afford a Lexus, but I do have a Mac. Same thing.
DO NOT USE MY EMAIL ADDRESS ANYWHERE ON THE WEB!