From: "John S. Denker" <jsd@MONMOUTH.COM>
To: <PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu>
Sent: Sunday, September 01, 2002 2:09 PM
Subject: Re: corrupting the youth

paul o johnson wrote:

Who was Clifford, and why didn't he invent his miraculous algebra in the
early 40s so I could have benefited from it in college?

http://www-gap.dcs.st-and.ac.uk/~history/Mathematicians/Clifford.html

1) Don't blame Clifford, unless you went to school
in the EIGHTEEN forites.

2) That Saint Andrews site has biographies of lots
and lots of interesting people, from Abbe to Zygmund.