Re: Nature of Science (NOS)

At 13:11 -0500 9/1/02, John Clement wrote:

I do not think that the myth of "scientific method" comes from the education
departments. I would say it is quite the opposite. The education
departments are actively fighting this myth. The cited paper in my NOS post
was written by faculty members in the education departments. It is more
likely to have come from administrators or fellow colleagues in science
departments.

Which is why I offered it as a hypothesis for testing. If not the
education departments, where? Of the scientists among my acquaintance
*none* espouses the simple minded view of "scientific method" that we
decry here? Could it be the engineering schools? Inquiring minds want
to know.

Hugh
--

Hugh Haskell