Re: creationism wars

At 12:45 -0400 8/26/02, John Cockman wrote:

This is the goal of Christians and Muslims?

Can we thank Athiests for peace and the non-degredation of women, etc?

I don't think this is or has been a discussion about religion, but
about one particular group's intellectually dishonest method of
promoting their particular brand of religion. What John D. was
referring to was not *all* Christians and Muslims but those who would
have us live in societies not unlike what the Taliban brought to
Afghanistan.

As for peace and the non-degradation of women, I don't think that
either Christians or Muslims have much claim on the moral high ground
here, if one examines their histories. Both historically and at
present there in not nearly enough of both of these things to go
around.

Hugh
--

Hugh Haskell