From: Tina Fanetti <FanettT@QUEST.WITCC.CC.IA.US>
To: PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu
Subject: Re: In-class Examples
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 08:10:44 -0500

>>Unfortunately most end of the chapter problems tend to reinforce fo=
rmulaic
problem solving.<<

Unfortunately, most of my students can't solve problems involving mor=
e than one step. Anything that requires assumptions or manipulating =
equations they have trouble with.

My students can't seem to follow step by step problem solving methods=
.

This semester might be a little better since these students have had =
Calculus 1 over the summer. =20

Tina

Tina Fanetti
Physics Instructor
Western Iowa Technical Community College
4647 Stone Ave
Sioux City IA 51102
712-274-8733 ext 1429