Re: Trying to keep cool

Real message below, but also a test of new computer setup.

If you have forced air heating and especially if you have a basement,
try running the furnace fan continuously. It tends to equalize the
house temperature. My AC guy wanted me to do this throughout the summer
(Northern Indiana) but I found that the electric bill for running the
fan was greater than the extra cost for running the AC a bit more. In
any case the cost of cooling my house runs only about $20 a month
through the summer. For a house w/o AC, running the furnace fan might
help.

Rick

Richard W. Tarara
Professor of Physics