From: Tim Folkerts [mailto:tfolkert@FHSU.EDU]
Sent: Friday, August 16, 2002 12:27 PM
To: PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu
Subject: "Roadmap" to mechanics

As part of preparing for a new semester, I have been putting
together a
graphical representation of how various topics in physics
(particularly
mechanics) fit together - sort of a flowchart. It seems to me like a
helpful guide for students before they embark on their study
of physics.

Because of the graphical nature, it won't work through the
listserv, but
anyone who wants to can view it at
http://www.fhsu.edu/physics/tfolkerts/mechanics.jpg
Eventually, it could be interactive, with each topic linking
to a page with
more detailed info. There is also a "mirror image" with
position replace
by angle for rotational motion, but the image was getting a little big
already.

I would appreciate any opinions you might have on its
usefulness, or how it
could be improved. Reply to the list (if you think the
comments are of
general interest) or to me personally.

Thanks,
Tim Folkerts