From: Chuck Britton [mailto:britton@NCSSM.EDU]
Sent: Thursday, August 15, 2002 7:28 AM
To: PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu
Subject: Testing/fixing Climate Change

I would like to propose a fairly simple and inexpensive test of the
CO2/global warming hypothesis.

CO2 is easily liquified and remains liquid under rather modest pressures.

If we were to 'sequester' large amounts of CO2 the effect would shed
light on this debate.
CO2 is naturally sequestered in deep lakes (African Lake Nyos).

Pumping liquid CO2 into the ocean depths would be more stable. A
modest depth of water is sufficient to keep it liquid at those
ambient temperatures.

PERHAPS there might be a FEW minor unintended consequences of this
plan - but Hey, it's for the sake of scientific learning!

At 7:34 AM -0400 on 8/14/02, Ludwik Kowalski wrote
Jim's question is not answerable. The only way to be sure
about this cause-and-effect relation is to stop polluting the
atmosphere for a decade or so and to record what happens.
Then to do it again couple of times.

--