Re: palm pilots in physics?

To use Palm PDAs as an in-class personal response system, please
contact Bill Junkin at Erskine College about BeyondQuestion. He has
used this web-based perl script on a web server to do in-class
polling. Students submit their responses via computer OR cell
phones. I would think that it would work with Palm PDAs as well if
the PDAs have wireless internet service.

AT

Hello,

I have been offered an odd grant. If I take it, I can
only use it to buy Palm Pilots (or any other PDA).

Does anyone know of a good educational use for Palm Pilots?

I've thought about the fact that you can exchange info via
the IR port, but that seems so slow and limited. You could
have the students use them for formulas and notes, but that doesn't
seem to be much of an advance in education.

Anyone know about anything? You can reply off-line if you
like. (carter@fnal.gov)

Thanks.

tom

Dr. Tom Carter