Re: Free Enterprise

On Fri, 9 Aug 2002, Bill Thorp wrote:

By not removing the offensive material by the due date, William Beaty

There has never been any "offensive material" on my website. What are you
talking about? Do you mean the messages on the PHYS-L archive and mirror
sites at other universities? I have no control over those. It is not in
my power to "remove" anything, and it's pointless to demand that I do so.
If it was up to me, I certainly would fight against anyone who tried to
censor a negative opinion or to "alter history" for their own benefit.

,William Beaty considers himself not accountable for his actions.

And just how do you know what I consider myself?

In fact, BECAUSE I take responsibility for every word I say, I have no
need to alter any of my past postings. As I mentioned in an earlier
message, those who use dishonest tactics on public forums will dig their
own grave. To refute arguments is honest. To do anything else (such as
creating distractions or attempting to erase those arguments) is the
opposite of an honest tactic.

I once again respectfully ask that Dan MacIsaac, Assistant Professor of

A request which is backed by a threat is not a request at all, nor does it
have anything to do with respect, and labeling it that way is an attempted
distortion.

billb@eskimo.com http://amasci.com
EE/programmer/sci-exhibits amateur science, hobby projects, sci fair
Seattle, WA 206-789-0775 unusual phenomena, tesla coils, weird sci