Re: palm pilots in physics education?

How many Palms may one purchase for the price of a "regular" computer?
How many students already have one? I presume it's much better than a TI
used with a Vernier Lab-Pro?

bc who suspects it's a large number if it's an irregular one (Mac Ti)

"Carter, Tom" wrote:

Folks,

Thanks for the replies about the Palm Pilots for
use in physics education.

Let me ask a slightly different question....Is there
an advantage to using the Palm Pilots with the Vernier
labs as compared to a PC?

I currently have large set of Vernier lab equipment
currently hooked up to PC's (and Macs). It seems to me
that reading them out with a Palm Pilot just restricts the
size of the screen. Now only one student can see the plot
at any given time. This is a slight disadvantage.

tom

cut