Re: First Law (was Re: Yucca Mtn. This should raise some hackles)

Perhaps JG was thinking weather is so complicated extracting energy could
result in increased green house or some such, so the result would be a warmer
atmosphere.

Unless the extracted energy is sequestered, the simple minded result is no
change in the atmospheric temp. Of course in the long run little energy will
remain sequestered (eventually none) -- which reminds me of the report a few
decades ago of the claim of fraud -- partially depleted U was delivered from a
mining co. (in the Congo?) to a processor. The result of the investigation
was: back some time ago the U vein went critical -- they deduced this from the
presence of Pu. Now before payment isotopic analysis is done.

bc who's read a cute method of dating the age of the solar matter (hint: read
above)

Jack Uretsky wrote:

I, too, would invite Dr. Green's attention to the first law. But
let's look a little further:
Winds are generated by uneven solar heating of the earth's
surface, and thus provide convective heat transfer through the atmosphere.
Windmills take mechanical energy from the winds and, thus, are taking
energy out of the atmosphere. Perhaps Dr. Green will explain how this
process heats the atmosphere?
Regards,
Jack