Re: importance of accuracy in calculations

being meticulous means, also, not carrying out calcs. further than justified
by the data, etc. Where I went to school, failing this got docked.

bc

Jack Uretsky wrote:

I disagree. The required accuracy of a calculation depends upon
(1) the purpose of the calculation, and
(2) the accuracy to which the input data are known.
Ex: At 30 mph, how closely can you follow another automobile that
is traveling at the same speed?
Regards,
Jack