Re: Spiral Approach within general physics

During various discussions, the idea of a spiral approach to education has
espoused several times by various members. ...

I haven't thought this through completely, but I am liking it more and more
as I think about it.
Has anyone tried something like this?
Are there major pitfalls I am overlooking?
Would it be an improvement over the "standard" approach?

I have tried the following, using a traditional text such as
Halliday, Resnick, Walker (HRW).

1. One-dimensional kinematics
2. Vectors
3. Newton's Laws constraining motion to one dimension (individual
forces can be any direction)
4. Work and energy and applications NOT including circular motion
5. Momentum and Impulse, 1D and 2D
6. Two-dimensional kinematics, constant acceleration and circular
including non-uniform circular
7. Newton's Laws and Energy applied to circular motion
8. Continuing on into the rest of mechanics (we are on a quarter
system so this means General Law of gravity and Static Equilibrium.

Why I like it:
1. Quickly in the quarter cover the basics of mechanics: kinematics,
Newton's Laws, Energy, Momentum

2. Spiral back to revisit each of these topics

3. Circular motion as an application shows how kinematics, dynamics
and energy conservation work together.

What I would change:

I have used the Cummings et al rewrite of HRW along PER principles. I
really like the fact that they did impulse-momentum before
work-energy. So I would reverse 4. and 5. in my above list.

I can't claim any careful study about whether this order is an
improvement, but I am confident that it is as good as the traditional
order.