Re: Spiral Approach within general physics

High school teachers who use Modeling Instruction successfully tell me that
they revisit models during the year. For example, Michael Crofton of
Minneapolis: his honors students get exceedingly high FCI posttest scores.
Michael is here at ASU this month, co-leading a modeling workshop on second
semester content. I asked Michael to account for his students' high
achievement. He said, "I revisit models all year long."
Cheers,
Jane Jackson

On July 23, Tim Folkerts <tfolkert@FHSU.EDU> wrote:
During various discussions, the idea of a spiral approach to education has
espoused several times by various members. Typically, this is within the
context of revisiting the same topic at greater depth over several years,
e.g. elementary, high school, general physics, upper division. But the
thought occurred to me, why not do the same thing within 1st year general
physics?

Jane Jackson, Co-Director, Modeling Instruction Program
Box 871504, Dept.of Physics & Astronomy,ASU,Tempe,AZ 85287
480-965-8438/fax:965-7331 <http://modeling.asu.edu>
"the gift of fantasy [creative imagination] has meant more
to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge."
-Albert Einstein