Re: rendering HTML - cross-platform font issue?

At 2:21 PM -0400 7/20/02, Carl E. Mungan wrote:

> http://www.monmouth.com/~jsd/physics/degeneracy.pdf
> http://www.monmouth.com/~jsd/physics/rapidity.pdf

Thanks! Those look great (when printed out), although I agree with
Mark that for whatever reason, they have low resolution on-screen.

Aha. I see the same thing; I hadn't tried printing before.
Furthermore, I notice that even though these documents are almost
unreadable on my screen at any reasonable reading zoom factor, the
*more* I zoom in, the *sharper* they get. Actually it looks like the
document is being rendered with a constant screen resolution of
several pixels and an antialias filter so that as the absolute size
of the characters gets greater, they appear *relatively* sharper.
--
A. John Mallinckrodt http://www.csupomona.edu/~ajm
Professor of Physics mailto:ajm@csupomona.edu