Re: Borrowing bandwith?

Even if Bob hadn't sweet-talked me, I would vote both for having this
ongoing discussion and for keeping it on *one* primary list. The
latter is important to insure that *all* participants are in on *all*
of the discussion and, perhaps even more importantly, to preserve the
integrity of the archive.

In my opinion, this kind of discussion is exactly what Phys-L is for
(and I am posting my response only to this list.) I'm a little less
confident of saying that about PhysLrnr notwithstanding the fact that
Bob is a long time central participant in the PER community and
intends to produce a "research-based" text. It seems to me that Bob
is perfectly capable of bringing the appropriate PER sensibilities to
his efforts. Furthermore, it seems to me that what he would really
like--and what I and I think others would also like--is a more
freewheeling and regular discussion about very specific, novel, and
effective pedagogical approaches.

Visit my Interactive Physics(TM) page at
http://www.csupomona.edu/~ajm/ip.html
(featuring new "Molecular Interaction" modules)

... and get FREE MUSIC (worth every penny) at
http://www.csupomona.edu/~ajm/personal.html#music