Seeking tech-using physics teacher panelists

Funded in part by a grant from the U.S. Department of Education's
Preparing Tomorrow's Teachers to use Technology (PT3) program, the
AECT Project, is convening "Expert Panels" to determine what teachers
should know about and be able to do with technology. The project
will build on the work of organizations such as the International
Society for Technology in Education (ISTE), which has developed
general recommendations in the form of the National Educational
Technology Standards (http://cnets.iste.org).

Based on the premise that technologies can support teachers of
different subjects and levels in different ways, the project is
convening panels to define specific technology skills for 46
different teaching roles. The product will be a set of recommended
teaching strategies for each teaching role that will be used by
pre-service teacher education and in-service professional development
programs. Additionally, the strategies will be used to develop a
program through which teacher education institutions can offer
technology certificates to their graduates.

If you are a teacher who uses technologies well, we'd like to invite
you to consider serving on our physics teacher expert panel. Panels
will consist of approximately 15 teachers and teacher educators who
will interact through a listserv and an on-line database. Panelist
will use the listserv for needed discussions and the database to
propose and rate strategies that improve learning through the use of
technology and to identify the supporting technology skills for each
strategy.

Our project and the roles of expert panelists are described on our
website, at http://aect.org/pt3. Please feel free to learn more
about the effort, and then please use our website to apply for
membership on an expert panel or to nominate another strong candidate.

Thanks you for your time, and for your help in this important work!

Sincerely,

Kyle L. Peck, Ph.D.
Professor of Education
Director, The AECT Project