Re: your mail

Then use a different definition of "less". You can lessen the
number of topics or lessen the depth to which you teach them. At one
extreme you have a graduate course in a single subject, at the other you
have vocabulary drill.
What is "less" is a very important question? I do lessen the depth to which
I teach a large number of topics. I know some will say select a few topics
and teach them deeply, but for me I like wading. Then when I find a spot
that I like, I will go diving. I think most students are like that - some
will want to dive at different locations and I think it is up to me to take
them to as many locations as possible. I don't think I am in the business
to make deep sea divers; I'll let the colleges do that.