Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 15:14:53 -0500
From: Art Hobson <ahobson@UARK.EDU>
Subject: P&S Education, June 2002

PHYSICS & SOCIETY EDUCATION
June 2002
SESSIONS AT THE BOISE MEETING
There will be lots of physics and society activity at this
meeting. Due partly to the existence of our P&S Education interest
group, and due partly to the fact that the meeting is in Boise near
some important energy facilities, AAPT decided to make "Energy" the
central theme of this meeting (see the cover page of the Summer 2002
Announcer). In addition to our usual "Physics and Society Education"
invited/contributed session (the 8th annual such session) and our
crackerbarrel session, there will be several sessions on energy,
sponsored by various AAPT committees, and a Plenary Session featuring
Al Bartlett. Here is a brief summary of all of these sessions and
events, listed in the order of their occurance:

* Monday 08:30-10:00, Physics and Society Education
Invited talks: Idaho's water at risk; The aquifer and the Idaho
National Engineering & Environmental Lab. Contributed talks: Energy
flow diagrams for physics teaching; Nuclear winter, nuclear summer or
nuclear freeze, nuclear drought.

cut