Re: non-rectangular div/grad/curl (was: another math question)

My thoughts on this, punny they may be are as follows:

When I get to what div/grad/curl or where they are needed, my students have not finished the calc sequence.
They are fuzzy or unfamiliar with non rectangular courses.
They barely get the cross and dot product.
They have never seen a partial derivative.

I cover the basics
Tina