From: Jeff Marx
Sent: Friday, May 31, 2002 7:22 AM
Subject: light and color textbooks for undergraduates

I was wondering if some of you could offer your opinions on textbooks for a
general science course (i.e. for non-science majors) on light and color.
Basically our course covers color, perception and the eye; light
production; geometrical optics; and physical optics. We put a heavy
emphasis on non-explicit mathematical reasoning and conceptual development,
but we do require our students to manipulate basic equations.