Re: the Bill is overdue

Chris Horton wrote:

Bill Gates is fantastically rich and powerful because he half stumbled half
got pushed

Pushed??? Who pushed him?

Do you really think those two "halves" really describe the
whole range of causative factors?????

The evidence suggests that he wanted a monopoly and used
all means fair and foul to get there.

into a natural monopoly

Note that _being_ a monopoly is not illegal, has never been
illegal, and should not be illegal.

which he has been ruthlessly and
shamelessly exploiting ever since...

Right. That's where the illegality lies.

Rick Tarara wrote:
Just because YOU dismiss this doesn't make it so either.

Of course. That's why I explained my reasoning and offered links
to supporting documentation.

OS 7 broke a lot of previous Mac software

The technical virtues or lack thereof in an OS with less than
10% of the market has very little to do with whether microsoft
has illegally exploited its monopoly.

Looks like you are willing to trust the government for
your 'facts'--you do that often?

That remark is ad-hominem and not supported by the facts.

I don't believe everything I read at usdoj.gov.
I don't believe everything I read in Phys.Rev.Letters.

But I don't automatically disregard everything I read,
either.

I don't rely on any single source for my facts.

It is much more productive to discuss the issue when folks
have looked at the evidence than when they have not.

Also note:
1) The district court follows an open, well-established
procedure which includes collecting evidence from all
the major stakeholders. All of the transcripts are
available at the URL I provided. I've read them. In
my opinion, they are more than enough to support Judge
Jackson's "findings of fact". The appeals court thinks so,
too.
2) In this case, I have direct first-hand knowledge that
corroborates some of Judge Jackson's findings.
3) In this case, I have reports from people I trust who
have first-hand knowledge that further corroborates Judge
Jackson's findings.