Re: Online Labs

That is a great idea!!
I was trying to think of something like that!
Thanks!
Tina

<<< Hugh Haskell <hhaskell@MINDSPRING.COM> 5/22 1:36p >>>
At 15:47 -0500 5/21/02, Tina Fanetti wrote:

Does anyone do introductory labs online?
How do you handle an online physics course?

After reading several of the other responses to your query, it
occurred to me that you might just have them buy a copy of Ron Edge's
"String and Sticky Tape Experiments" (Available from AAPT:
<http://www.aapt.org>). The experiments he describes there are all
doable with material the students can easily obtain from their local
grocery store, or perhaps even already have on hand. They are
definitely not hi-tech, and most of them are qualitative in nature,
but they cover just about all of introductory physics. The
instructions are usually complete enough that the students can carry
out the exercises by themselves and then the results could be
discussed online.

Hugh
--

Hugh Haskell