Re: Lectures and written communications

On Wed, 22 May 2002 09:13:53 -0700 "Shapiro, Mark"
<mshapiro@EXCHANGE.FULLERTON.EDU> wrote:
Yesterday, I spent about 15 minutes trying to get through to a human
at Sears to cancel a credit card that they gave to me without ever
asking if I wanted the #@!! thing. It only took navigation through
four layers of automated responses before I found out how to reach
someone at Sears who could fog a mirror.

I had a similar experience with Sears. To get a human response, I
sent them a check of $0.00 marked "Payment in Full". It worked!

Herb