Re: Online Labs

That's a scheme that MIT tried once many years ago, and promptly
dropped it. I don't know the details. But MIT provides a very special
category of student; among other features, a large fraction were educated
in other countries.
Whoever is running freshmen physics may be reviving that scheme.
Regards,
Jack