Re: Digital Oscilloscopes

Two sweeps was std. on a number of Tek 500 series 'scopes. (1960's).
They also included the feature of using one of the sweeps to control
intensification (like using a high lighter).

bc who probably has one in his garage

Ludwik Kowalski wrote:

But the concept of two triggering time bases (each with

its own selectable delay) is still a mystery to me. Perhaps
I will learn about this in "Digital Storage Oscilloscopes,"
the 1997 book by Jan Hickman.

While "fishing" over the Internet I found some useful
tutorials, for example, at:

http://www.cs.tcd.ie/courses/baict/bac/jf/labs/scope/oscilloscope.html
and
http://www.lecroy.com/Tutorials/Fundamentals/fund.html

Perhaps somebody else will find these tutorials worth reading.
Ludwik Kowalski