Digital Oscilloscopes

We got a digital oscilloscope (Tektronix TDS460A) and
I am trying to learn how to use it. Unfortunately, the User
Manual which came with the instrument is not very clear
to me. So far I did learn how to observe a signal but not
much more. It is clear that to learn more I must understand
the terminology they use (but do not explain). My questions
are usually very simple. For example, what is the difference
between a waveform and a record, or between triggering
and delayed-triggering time bases?

1) Can somebody send me a student-oriented tutorial on a
digital oscilloscope? Or to recommend an available reference?

2) Would somebody be willing to offer me e-mail assistance,
if needed? Ideally I would like to be able to communicate by
e-mail with those who are familiar with digital oscilloscopes.
Here is my address --> kowalskiL@mail.montclair.edu
Ludwik Kowalski