Re: Is photon a wave packet ?

On Fri, 17 May 2002, Michael Edmiston wrote (in part):

Okay, but it seems it is possible to do a set of experiments that imply
something is traveling along a particular path. For example, a second
detector placed between the source and the original detector seems to
"intercept" the event. Would the proper way to describe this be...
insertion of a detector between the source and the original detector changes
the boudary conditions for the subsequent emission of radiation from the
source?
_________________________________snip________________________________
Sure, and by the same logic:
...it seems it is possible to do a set of experiments that imply that a
photon has passed through a particular one of a pair of slits while
traveling to the interference pattern.

It may "seem possible", but it ain't.

Regards,
Jack

--
"But as much as I love and respect you, I will beat you and I will kill
you, because that is what I must do. Tonight it is only you and me, fish.