Re: wheels come off - speed doubles?

For those who missed the truck tire article, I happened to have looked at
it and it was still in my browser window....

North Carolina Highway Patrol troopers are looking for a truck driver who
lost two large tires Wednesday.

The tires are wedged into the wall of Sampson County home, destroying the
bedroom they flew into.
Newton Grove police believe the truck was speeding, possible going 55 in
a 35 mph zone,
when the extra wheels came off a trailer, barreling into the house at 110
miles per hour.

"As they come off, it doubles in speed," said Officer John Wilson of the
Newton Grove Police Department.
"The tires had come off the trailer, through a field, over a road,
through the yard and into the residence."

No one was inside at the time, however a relative watched from the garden.

The truck did not stop.

Troopers are using numbers on the tires to find the driver, who they said
will be charged with hit and run.