Re: Vapor?

On Wed, 15 May 2002 13:36:43 -0500 Tina Fanetti
<FanettT@QUEST.WITCC.CC.IA.US> writes:
Okay
I have been doing heat and such with my physics students. Everytime
I say gas, they bring up vapor.
I don't know where it comes from and I keep trying to get them to
stop using vapor but it seems stuck in their minds..
Esp. that gas and vapor are the same.

Tina

According to the International Dictionary of Physics and Electronics,
"The term (gas) is sometimes used as distinct from vapor
particularly to indicate a substance having a critical temperature below

room temperature."

Herb