Date sent: Wed, 15 May 2002 09:16:08 -0500
From: "Frohne, Vickie" <VFrohne@BEN.EDU>
Subject: Re: Comic books as classroom resource
To: PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu
Send reply to: "phys-l@lists.nau.edu: Forum for Physics Educators"
<PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu>

According to the comic book, Peter Parker got his
spider-like "powers" by being bitten by a radioactive
spider. I've done a similar experiment, which I have yet to
publish. In the 1980's I spent a lot of time working in
underground Fermilab beam tunnels which, besides being
slightly radioactive, are ideal habitats for some forms of
wildlife. I can tell you this for a fact: The superhero
thing doesn't work with mosquitoes. Sorry...

Vickie