Re: Is photon a wave packet ?

Arnulfo Castellanos Moreno wrote:
Of course you can try classical pictures of photons, see for example
A. O. Barut, "E=h*nu", Phys. lett. A 143, (1990), p. 349

Saying "of course" isn't helpful. It would be better to
say a few words about _why_ this result holds.

Barut et. al. get a classical formulation where the energy (E=h*nu) is
concentrated in a small region of the space.

Would somebody who has access to this paper please summarize
the argument for the list???
1) It is counterintuitive to see the word "classical" and
Planck's constant in the same sentence, or "classical" and
"photon" in the same sentence. I am unable to guess where
such a result could come from.
2) The article is not available at arxiv.org or anywhere
else on the web AFAICT.
3) Barut doesn't have a web page. He's been dead for
several years.
4) I would have to drive for a couple of hours to get
to a library that holds the journal in question.
5) I suspect there are hundreds of other people on this
list in similar circumstances.

You can disagree about that points of view, but they exist.

I accept the invitation to disagree ... at least until I
see an explanation of what Barut's statement means, and
where it comes from.