From: "John S. Denker" <jsd@MONMOUTH.COM>
To: <PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2002 8:33 AM
Subject: Re: Is photon a wave packet ?
,
Arnulfo Castellanos Moreno wrote:

Who can imagine a photon in 1 400 000 hertz and several
meters of wavelength?

At 1.4 MHz, the wavelength is more than a few meters.

Why was this example chosen?

I do not see a classical picture like that.

I don't understand what point is being made here.

The question was about photons, so the answer must not
involve a classical picture. Classically there is no
such thing as photons.