Re: Am I nuts? or reviewing for Students

For a situation like this (where you are going to ask if there are any
questions, and there might not be any), I recommend having something
planned in case there are no questions. You could give them some problems
for them to work on and then go over them later in the period. You might
give them a practice quiz (ungraded) to work on. You can also review some
material from the course.

When grading exams, I keep records of which problems the students have the
most trouble with. Sometimes I will go over those problems, even if they
don't ask.

I hope this helps.

Steven T. Ratliff
Professor of Physics