Re: reifying energy

What am I paying my utility company for? What do they give me in exchange
for my money? I'm not buying electrons (which are real?). Am I buying
energy (which is not real?)?

You are buying work -- just as if you were buying a lawn mowing service.

If energy is a property of objects can I buy
the property without buying the object?

No -- You can't buy "blue" without buying the paint bucket.

Is this like a diaper service
where I'm buying not diapers but cleanliness?

A diaper service is neither convenient nor cost effective.

Jim Green
mailto:JMGreen@sisna.com
http://users.sisna.com/jmgreen