From: Ron Curtin <curtin@CCDS.CHARLOTTE.NC.US>
To: PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu <PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu>
Date: Monday, May 06, 2002 12:45 PM
Subject: Spinning Class Ring

A student asked me a question that I have heard before, but I don't know a
good answer. If you spin a class ring on a table top, it spins around so
that the heavy part (the front of the ring) always moves up to a position
furthest above the tabletop. It doesn't matter if the heavy part of the
ring starts at the bottom or at the top. The student and I wonder why this
happens.