Re: induced emf again

On Sun, 5 May 2002 18:04:14 -0400, John S. Denker <jsd@MONMOUTH.COM> wrote:

Bob Sciamanda wrote:
. . .
Our E is the field
whose line integral your voltmeter reads when placed terminal to
terminal.

In the presence of changing magnetic fields, that is not
a satisfactory definition. I can get approximately any
answer imaginable by re-arranging the layout of the leads.

Sure, John and lightning may strike our lab, or an outage might affect our
equipment, or our equipment might suffer a failure, or . . .
Let's cover all the red-herring possibilities John, and ignore addressing
the central issue.
-Bob