Gratuitous Numerics (was induced emf again)

At 02:13 PM 5/5/02, John M wrote:

... I wonder why my previous post generated all of those ugly ASCII
codes toward the end? Will this one do the same? I haven't done
anything that differs from my usual procedures.

On the basis of very little more than prejudice, I speculate that if a
moderator should review posts for publication through a product of
the Evil Empire, punctuation of the carriage return type or other
punctuation will give rise to a numeric code.

This effect is particularly pernicious (whatever the cause may in fact be)
if interspersed in ascii equations, where a gratuitous number insertion can
guarantee confusion for the innocent.

Brian Whatcott
Altus OK Eureka!